Get to know our leaders
Faites connaissance avec nos dirigeants
Head of School (October 2014 to present)
- Master of Arts in French Studies, with merit: The University of Sydney (2000)
- Diploma in Education, with merit: The University of Sydney (1992)
- Bachelor of Arts: The University of NSW (1988)
- Previous employment: Principal/Head of School, International Grammar School, Sydney (2011-2014)
- Principal/Head of School, Telopea Park School/Le Lycée franco-australien de Canberra (2007-2010)
- Director of Curriculum, Head of Languages Faculty, Teacher of French, Italian and ESL Preschool-12th grade (1993-2006)
- Multilingual: English, French, Italian, and Greek.
Burbank Campus Director (2013 to present)
- Post Graduate Certiﬁcate of Education: University of London (1987)
- Master of Arts, Twentieth Century French Cultural Studies, Distinction: University of Surrey (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts, French and German, Distinction in both: Somerville College, University of Oxford (1986)
- Previous employment: Freelance Writer and Consultant (2001-present); Language College Leader, Elliott School (1997-2000); Head of Languages Department, Elliott School (1991-1997); Teacher of French, Spanish, and German, Elliott School (1987-1991).
- Multilingual: English, French, Spanish, and German.
Los Feliz Campus Director (July 2010 to present)
- The International School of Los Angeles Teacher (2006-2010)
- Previous employment: Secondary School Special Education Teacher, Elementary School Teacher in France, Summer Camp Director and trainer for administrators (IFAC Nord), YMCA Program Director in Douai, France
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Politics with a concentration in Econometrics and Statistic Analysis: USTL de Lille 1, France (1997), Elementary Teaching Credential: French Ministry of Education (1998), Secondary Special Education Credential Capa-Sh option F, French Ministry of Education, Académie de Lille (2006)
- Multilingual: French, Arabic, English, and Spanish.
Orange County Campus Director (July 2010 to present)
- The International School of Los Angeles Teacher (2002-2010)
- The International School of Los Angeles OC Pedagogical Coordinator (2003-2005)
- The International School of Los Angeles Interactive Whiteboard Coordinator (2009-2010)
- Diplome de professeur des écoles: IUFM Montpellier, France 2000
- Previous employment: Preschool and Elementary School Teacher in France (2001-2002); Windsurfing Teacher (1996-2000); Lifeguard (1998-2000).
- Bachelor of Science in Biology with a concentration in Cellular Biology and Physiology, Université Montpellier II 1998
- Grant Winner A+ for Energy, British Petroleum, Los Angeles, 2008
- Business Emergency Response Team Certified, Santa Ana Police Foundation 2012
- Early Childhood Education and Preschool Director units
- WASC visiting committee member
- Multilingual: French, English, and Italian.
Pasadena Campus Director (2006 to present)
- The International School of Los Angeles Teacher (1999-2006)
- The International School of Los Angeles Monrovia Campus Director (2003 -2006)
- Previous employment: Teacher in France (1983-1989, 1995-1999)
- Diplôme d’Instituteur: Ecole Normale Metz (1980-1983)
- Master’s in Cinema: Université Nancy 2 (1987)
- Master’s in French as a Foreign Language: Université de Metz (1988)
- Ph.D. without dissertation in Literature and Cinema: Université Nancy 2 (1998)
- Early Childhood Education units
- Member of l’Atelier Ste. Croix des Arts, Directed three documentaries and two fictional works
- Multilingual: English, French, German, and Spanish.
West Valley Campus Director (July 2015 to present)
- Master’s in Educational Leadership: Lehigh University (2011)
- Master’s in French as a Second Language: University of Rouen, France (2008)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), Secondary Education and Teaching, Université de Québec (1998)
- Credentials: Brevet d’enseignement (Québec, 1998)
- Previous employment: Headmaster, Trio World School, Bangalore, India (2012-2015); French & Humanities Immersion Teacher, ICARDA International School of Aleppo, Syria (2009-2011); French, Civics & Careers Teacher and Summer School Director, Canadian International School of Egypt (2006-2009); Head of French Department and Teacher, International School of Choueifat, Cairo, Egypt (2003-2006); French Teacher, Concordia Parish School Board, Louisiana (2000-2003); Basketball Coach.
- Community service projects: Friends of El Marg (Egypt), Friends of Neirab (Syria)
- Bilingual: English and French.
Academic Director (2016 to present)
- Concours Personnel de Direction (2015)
- Diplôme d’université Français Langue Etrangère – FLE (2015)
- CAPES d’espagnol (2000)
- Licence Lettres Littérature et Civilisation Etrangère, Université Lumière Lyon II (1998)
- Previous Employment: Proviseure Adjointe – Lycées and Collèges in Lyon (2008-2016), Spanish Teacher – Lycée Français de New York (2006-2008), Spanish Teacher – Lycées and Collèges in France (2000-2006)
- Multilingual: French, Spanish and English
CFO/Director of Corporate (2003 to present)
- The International School of Los Angeles Interim CEO (2013-2014); The International School of Los Angeles Corporate President (2006-2013)
- The International School of Los Angeles Chief Financial Officer (2003-2006); The International School of Los Angeles Board of Trustees (2001-2010) – President (2006-2010) – Treasurer (2002-2006)
- Radio Express, Inc., Chief Financial Officer (2006-2012); President (2000-2006); General Manager (1994-2000); Controller (1990-1994); Radio Express Inc. Board of Directors (2000-Present)
- Bachelor’s in Finance: University of Oregon (1986)
- Bachelor’s in Marketing: University of Oregon (1986)
- WASC visiting committee member
Michele Wray Khateri
Director of Advancement (August 2013 to present)
- Master of International Affairs, Honors: Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs (1997) Summer Human Rights Internship in Kathmandu, Nepal (1996)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and Scandinavian Studies, Honors: University of California, Berkeley (1991), Year Abroad, University of Copenhagen (1989-1990)
- Previous employment: Development Consultant (2010-2013); Director of Advancement, Rockland Country Day School (2007-2010); Director of Annual Giving, The Browning School (2006-2007); Development Consultant, Human Rights First (2005-2006); Development Director, Forefront (2004-2005); Development Director, Peninsula Bridge Program (2002-2004); Development Director, Women’s Recovery Association (1998-2002).
- Bilingual: English and Danish with working knowledge of French and Persian.
Admissions Director (July 2013 to present)
- Admissions Coordinator, Los Feliz Campus (2008-2013)
- Master in Applied Linguistic: Birmingham University (in progress)
- Master of Education: Open University (1996)
- RSA Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (1985)
- Bachelor of Arts: London University (1984)
- Previous employment: Teacher: Bath University (2004-2007); Edwards Language School (1999-2002); King Saud University (1993-1999); Bell School of Languages (1986-1993)
- Multilingual: English, French, conversational Farsi