The LILA Annual Fund is an unrestricted fund and, as a result, impacts every aspect of LILA including academics, athletics, financial aid, faculty professional development, financial aid, technology, the arts, facilities, etc.
In addition to tuition and registration fees, LILA’s Annual Fund enables our school to not compromise on any of our values. The Annual Fund also serves as a representation of our diverse community with families of all backgrounds donating at all levels every year. In fact, our community raised almost $660,000 and parent participation reached 84% last year. Every single gift, no matter the size, has an impact on our school.
As a rule, independent schools such as ours depend on their annual fund to constitute 8% of their budget. Currently, it represents 3% of LILA’s overall budget.
We’re all in this together to grow these numbers! Join us in reaching our goal of $700,000.
Leslie Galerne ’97, Annual Fund & Alumni Relations Manager
Top Reasons to Donate…
1. It’s for our students!
2. It helps raise the School’s profile for universities and career opportunities
3. It supports and raises our community as a whole
4. International schools have higher operating costs.
5. We receive NO outside assistance from government sources.
6. 100% Participation is very important.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions? Heard some points you’d like discuss further?
Contact one of your parent volunteers, your Campus Director, or LILA parent and Annual Fund & Alumni Relations Manager, Leslie Galerne ’97, by email or phone at 818.994.2961. We’re always happy to answer your questions.
How to Give to the Annual Fund
Gifts to the campaign can be made online using a credit card, by check, via wire transfer, or by making a stock transfer.
- The most convenient way is to make a donation online using your credit or debit card.
- You may also write a check payable to International School of Los Angeles. In the memo line write “Annual Fund” and student’s last name, and please also include a donation form. You are welcome to mail checks to:
International School of Los Angeles
ATTN: Leslie Galerne – Annual Fund
1105 W Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91506
- If you are interested in making a contribution of stocks or bonds, please contact Leslie Galerne ’97 by email or phone at 818-994-2961 to obtain a Gift of Stock Form.
- For gifts of $5,000 and above, we recommend a wire transfer.
The International School of Los Angeles is a fully self-funded non-profit 501(c)3 school and receives no subsidies from the U.S. or French governments.
Our school’s unique community is a dynamic blend of diverse families. We rely on our community – current parents, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends – every year during our Annual Fund to help ensure our ability to continue to build and support a truly exceptional education for all of our students. On an annual basis, your tax-deductible gift to the Annual Fund ensures the school’s solid financial future.
IRS EIN: 95-3363496
2019-2020 Annual Fund Statistics
Updated July 23, 2019
LILA Wide Goal : $700,000
Total raised: $86,402
Los Feliz Chairs
Caroline Pham, Campus Co-Chair
Shiloh Filin, Campus Co-Chair
Orange County Chairs
West Valley Chairs